    Joe Guest

    Anybody having problems with this NG? I show new messages but they
    disappear when I try to read.

    Joe, Dec 20, 2009

  2. Joe

    Bill Guest

    Here too.

    Bill

    Bill, Dec 20, 2009

  3. Have you checked with your provider to see if they are filtering the
    messages? Cox was doing that for awhile but were filtering on the
    poster's domain so all messages from these domains were being dropped.
    They "fixed" the problem after enough people complained about seeing
    replies to posts but not the original post.

    Michael W. Ryder, Dec 21, 2009
  4. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I am using news.external.september.org to get the newsgroups since
    Comcast dumped all newsgroups. I was using Thunderbird mail to read
    newsgroups and thought I would use Seamonkey to see if the I had the
    same problem and I don't. Must be something wrong with Thunderbird.
    Seamonkey is working fine as you can see. Thanks

    Joe, Dec 21, 2009
  5. Yeah, AT&T also dropped all of their newsgroups which is why I have to
    use Cox. I am using Thunderbird and not having any problems with seeing
    any of the messages so maybe you have some setting wrong or maybe you
    need to unsubscribe from a group and resubscribe to rebuild the indexes.

    Michael W. Ryder, Dec 21, 2009
  6. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I just installed ver 3.0 of Thunderbird ond that seems to have fixed the
    problem.

    Joe, Dec 21, 2009