  1. Is it quiet, ive got a Vantec AeroFlow but i want more HUSH, will i
    get it with the Silent Boost ?

    Thanks for any help.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, May 10, 2004

    Testy Guest

    Yep only 21 decibels. And 4-5C cooler than my volcano 7+.

    Testy

    Testy, May 10, 2004

    Chip Guest

    I can't believe this "21 decibels" stuff. Mine made a whole load more noise
    than that. It was *easily* the noisiest thing inside my PC. I read a
    review somewhere where they tested it and it came out at 44 dbA!

    Chip.

    Chip, May 10, 2004

    Asestar Guest

    I'm using a Spire WhisperRock6, it is 19db!! It runs so quiet that you won't
    even hear it's there. Noise from harddisk, Kt7A- northbridge fan is easily
    the noisyest thing in pc now.

    Asestar, May 10, 2004

    Chip Guest

    No you aren't. There's no such thing.

    Chip, May 10, 2004
  6. We Live For The One We Die For The One, May 10, 2004
  7. Did you get the Hydrowave bearing version ?

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, May 10, 2004

    Asestar Guest

    Hey "We Live For The One We Die For The One", you saved me there :)
    I never tought this budget thingy was so good ? Now i'm a proud owner :)

    I forgot to mention, that i lapped my hs base 2 months ago. Temps dropped
    about 4-8'C in most cases. Load dropped about 4'C while load temp was
    reduced by 6-7'C. Not bad at all, all that with a *cheap ass* silicon
    compound :)

    Asestar, May 10, 2004

    Visine Guest

    Visine, May 10, 2004

    Chip Guest

    Chip, May 10, 2004

    Wes Newell Guest

    If you're looking for something quiet, cheap, and will work ok with any
    cpu up to the 3200+, then get a TR2-M1 (or M3). About $8

    Wes Newell, May 10, 2004

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Wes, can the Athlon 64 heatsinks be used on older non 64 setup's? Or,
    only some of them work?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

    - HAL9000, May 11, 2004

    Wes Newell Guest

    Won't work unless the HSF is a combo unit with clips for socket A also. I
    think there is someone that includes hardware to mount its cooler on about
    anything, but I don't recall which it is.

    Wes Newell, May 11, 2004

    Asestar Guest

    Eh.. it's SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV.

    Isn't IV = 6??
    My roman is just as bad as Bart's :)

    Asestar, May 11, 2004

    borolad Guest

    IV=4
    VI=6

    Putting any small number in front of a large one is a subtraction
    Putting any small number behind a large one is a addition

    X=10
    L=50
    C=100
    D=500
    M=1000

    Regards, BoroLad

    borolad, May 11, 2004

    Bodkin Guest

    I also had the Vantec AeroFlow before moving to the Silent Boost.

    Running a 2500 Barton and is getting upto 54 under load - but a lot lot
    quieter. Beautiful.

    Bodkin, May 11, 2004

    patrickp Guest

    And, of course, Borolad, in case anyone couldn't deduce it from the
    given information, I=1 and V=5. There was also no 0 in Roman
    numeration: they really weren't too bright.

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, May 12, 2004

    - HAL9000 Guest

    - HAL9000, May 12, 2004

    Chip Guest

    .... with some restrictions. e.g. you can't precede a "C" with a "I".
    Don't ask me why. So 99 is not "IC" - this is not allowed. 99 is XCIX. XC
    being 90 and IX an additional 9.

    Chip, May 12, 2004

    borolad Guest

    The romans didn't have a symbol for zero, the arabic [ today's use ]
    did, I think that was it - but it's been nearly 60 years since I
    learned this, my memory may be fragile.

    Regards, Chip

    BoroLad

    borolad, May 12, 2004