    machine can see each other in network neighbourhood!

    Is this due to having 2 different NIC's or what?

    Thanks

    Bob H, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Bob H

    Paul Guest

    The NVMAC (ethernet) and NVGUID (firewire networking) can be blasted
    by a BIOS upgrade. Have a look here for more details on restoring a
    unique MAC address. If a BIOS tries to use a weird MAC address, the
    networking device at the other end of the Ethernet link may refuse to
    work with it:

    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21050

    If that isn't the problem, then authentication issues between Microsoft
    OSes that have different expectations about domains and the like can
    prevent simple networking situations from working. I haven't a clue how
    you solve those problems...

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Bob H

    me Guest

    Hope I'm not telling grannie how to suck eggs. You have got both PC's
    configured with the same work group?

    me, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Err, yes I have. Just had to check before I said so.

    Any other ideas

    Thanks

    Bob H, Jan 9, 2004