    this is? It's rather hard to do much with it when I can't even figure out
    what the PSoC in question is! Thanks,

    Michael Noone

    Michael, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Michael

    Mike Harding Guest

    Snap :) I was in exactly the same position. Thanks for the kit
    Cypress but a brief technical note would have been appreciated.

    Anyway, I think the chip is a CY8C27443-24PVI and I think this is
    the datasheet for it. Looks like a very interesting device but may
    well have a steep learning curve.

    http://www.cypress.com/products/datasheet.cfm?partnum=CY8C27443-24PI

    Mike Harding

    Mike Harding, Dec 22, 2003

  3. A start would be to read the past few months postings at
    http://www.cypress.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=3

    Schematics of the PSoC mini development kit, also known as the PSoC
    Invention Board, are at
    http://www.cypress.com/cfuploads/support/reference_design/NewSchematic.pdf .
    While most of the application notes and teletraining material uses the PSoC
    Pup demonstration board
    (http://www.cypress.com/cfuploads/support/app_notes/an2011.pdf), it is
    fairly easy to duplicate the led output circuitry of the Pup so you can run
    examples on the contest board to see the results.

    An unofficial source that might also be useful is
    http://www.psocdeveloper.com/

    J. Michael Milner, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Michael

    Mood Guest

    The larger device on the bottom is actually the USB interface.

    The smaller package is the PSoC (SSOP package actually) The two 14
    pin rows are 1 for 1 with the pinout out the 28 pin PSoC device on the
    board.

    The best way to start with these devices is to open up the software
    and start playing. Forget the datasheet for now, until you are
    comfortable. Set up some user modules and read the user module data
    sheets. This will get you a nice introduction, without having to
    write alot of code.

    -J

    Mood, Dec 22, 2003