Anyone have experience with the MSI-975X mobo?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by William, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. William

    William Guest

    Has anyone purchased and/or using the 975X mobo? I'm thinking about
    purchasing it and I have read a few reviews about the board that I would
    like more information about.

    Some have said the BIOS is sloppy, the board hangs up during bootup, some
    have said that it is hard to get 800mhz on the ram. Others say all is good
    and wonderful.

    Anyone have any experience on this mobo?

    Another question, my old case is an Antec Sonata with a 380 wt power supply
    in it. Anybody know what is recommended for a ps for this mobo with the
    average stuff hung off of it? The new Sonata II has a 450wt ps in it. Not
    much difference. Should I upgrade to 500wts?

    Any opinions would be helpful

    William

    William, Oct 24, 2006