Anyone have problems with new Dell Optiplexes AND Office Small Biz Edition 2003 loaded on it?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by patty, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. patty

    patty Guest

    I'm on my 2nd Optiplex from Dell just in 5 months. The first I
    returned. Way too many errors in Microsoft Small Business Edition
    2003, I uninstalled and reinstalled, too many problems. A number of
    them involved not being able to use the mouse in word, particuarly when
    opening an attachment sent to me via Outlook 2003. This one I had
    Windows XP professional and put on AVG.

    With computer #2, an 210 Optiplex, I have Windows XP, Norton INternet
    Security Suite and the rest if what came with the computer. Started
    having a recurring memory could not be read error when shttuing down
    (about 7 times now). And, I am having problems in Word again. Can cut
    and paste text from an email, but then I was trying to paste it into a
    word doc. No mouse action available. Had to close out of the emails
    and then it took. ANother time, I was just working in a document and
    trying to bold text. Nothing happened with the mouse, had to wait and
    it worked.

    3 times this week I couldn't send but could receive in Outllook 2003.
    Verizon DSL did not seem to be the problem.

    I also had to disable power settings so I could continuously use the
    mouse, but that resolved itself.

    Anyone have such an experience/ can shed light on this?

    I can't isolate what the problems are and neither can the
    "troubleshooters."

    Thanks.

    patty, Aug 4, 2006