    I have a seven month old Dell E510, preinstalled with Windows XP SP2.
    Just curious to know if anyone with this system has upgraded to Vista
    Premium and what were your experiences?

    History Fan, Feb 9, 2007

  2. History Fan

    hdrdtd Guest

    I have a E510 that has been running Vista Ultimate beta versions up to Vista
    RC2 just fine for some time now.

    My E510 came With XP MCE, but I did a fresh clean of Vista Ultimate, not an
    upgrade.

    My E510 ran Vista Ultimate RC2 just fine with 1gig ram, and integrated video
    and sound.

    Runs better now that I installed a 7900GS video card.

    hdrdtd, Feb 9, 2007

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    When you buy the Vista Premium Upgrade DVD, aren't you given the
    option of doing an upgrade or clean installation?

    History Fan, Feb 9, 2007
  4. History Fan

    Notan Guest

    I found this in another thread (possibly another newsgroup), earlier today:

    http://windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1

    Notan, Feb 9, 2007
  5. History Fan

    Tom Scales Guest