  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    And are they any good ?

    Steve, Aug 1, 2003

  2. ECS has tech support? News to me! :)
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup is the best you are gonna get

    Steve () wrote:

    : And are they any good ?
    : --
    : Steve

    Brian Campbell, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Well thats all very encouraging I must say. Whats the point of the
    service page on the web site then ?
    And what are you ment to do if your retailers closed and you can't get
    help there ? Buy a new board ? If so, it most defiantly won't be
    another ECS.

    Steve, Aug 2, 2003

  4. I Have. They replyed two months later saying "try to upgade your bios
    an drivers".
    When I told them that I alredy had done that (and asked for a faster
    second answer). It only took them two weeks to tell me: "try to change
    the other hardware in your PC, and tell us if that didn't work!!".

    Then I bought an ASUS MOBO and havn't had any problems since.

    I wouldn't describe their support as any good.
    I never had the feeling that my question was read by a true
    technician.
    Just a set of standard answers with increased levels of difficulty:
    Whit the purpose to make people give up.

    afplelstrudel, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Steve

    Phil Guest

    Don't expect a reply......I've never gotten one.

    Well, you get what you pay !!! ECS MB are pretty cheap any way so if
    it dies, I would just throw it a way and get another one. I currently
    using an K7S5A Pro MB and I figure if it can last for half a year then
    I would get my $$ worth out of it. For me, if any PC component is
    cheap enough to buy new right away then I wouldn't bother with the
    supports or RMA process and just chuck it in the garbage. I don't
    want the hassle of contacting supports people (few long
    distance/international phone calls and it will add up) and the hassle
    of waiting for response/approval/mailing/receiving, ect...

    BTW, I hear that ECS offer different warrantee period of the same
    product depend on where you buy it. You would get a longer warrantee
    period if you buy directly from ECS instead of other places. I think
    this is BS since no matter where you buy it, it's still an ECS's
    product.

    Phil, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I agree, you do get what you pay for, and these boards don't cost a lot,
    but I would have expected more than 5 months !!!
    I was trying to avoid have to strip the whole thing down and build it
    back up again (and installing the new chipset drivers, sound etc...).

    Steve, Aug 3, 2003
  7. Steve

    DC6093 Guest

    Was just checking my sent items history....Sent ECS Tech Support a question
    on June 9th.....I'm still waiting....Luckily, I have the patience of a saint
    :p

    DC6093, Aug 4, 2003
  8. Steve

    Frank Guest

    Frank, Aug 5, 2003
  9. Steve

    Moparman225 Guest

    Unfortunately, as far as support goes I will have to agree with all the
    above. But for the money and if you are willing to tinker they are worth it.
    I have got all mine(6) OC'ed with Honey X bios and all are stable. I even
    have one of the relabeled PC Chips MB's. The pro versions seem to be the
    most trouble free My oldest one is pushing 2 1\2 years old now. I just
    bought a new one on Monday to replace a Soyo board that died.

    ..

    Moparman225, Aug 6, 2003