    Leighla Guest

    I find that my thunderbird which I love defaults to Safari which is
    becoming so slow, I quit without reading messages. Thanks o:)

    Leighla, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Leighla

    Chris Moore Guest

    Open Safari. Go to Safari/Preferences/General/Default Web Browser.
    Choose Firefox.

    Chris Moore, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Leighla

    justin Guest

    That will do the trick but could it be your Safari is getting slow
    because of the bloated cache?
    ( Safari>Empty Cache...)

    j.

    justin, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Leighla

    Bob Harris Guest

    Launch Safari, then set the Safari Preferences (Command-comma) ,
    General, Default Web Browser to Firefox.

    And if you want Firefox to pass mailto: links to
    Thunderbird, then Launch Apple's Mail, then set the Mail preferences
    (Command-comma), General, Default Email Reader to Thunderbird.

    Bob Harris

    PS. At work, I use Firefox and Thunderbird, and have used the above to
    preference settings to do exactly what you want.

    Bob Harris, Mar 17, 2005