Anyone know how to O.C. an Phenom 9850 quad-core?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Moe, May 31, 2010.

  1. Moe

    Moe Guest

    i'm running the following...

    Asus Mobo
    AMD 9850 Quad
    8 gig corsair PC5600 DDR3
    two Nividia 980 GT w/ duel DVI's and S-Video output
    2 seagate 1TB HD's (2 TB total)
    2 HANNS-G 21" Wide screen LCD's
    1 internal lightscribe DL / DVD / CD burners
    1 external LG lightscribe DL /DVD CD burner
    Comcast cable (only 60 feet from backbone no others on line. with
    boost pack - getting 50M up/50M down

    +

    Moe, May 31, 2010

  2. Moe

    Moe Guest

    Moe, May 31, 2010

  3. Moe

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2010 18:53:31 -0700, Moe wrote:

    System bus speed x multiplier = CPU speed. Increase either or both and
    the speed goes up. If the multiplier is locked, then all you can do is
    raise the system bus speed to increase the cpu speed. The default bus
    speed is 200MHz. Changing the system bus speed may also affect other
    settings and you will/may need to increase vcore to maximize the
    overclock. Here's a place to start.

    http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/368014-phenom-9500-9550-overclocking-guide.html

    Wes Newell, May 31, 2010