    theories about how to get it back in without some significant force.

    If it works then I can just use the new keyboard as a backup.

    Anyone ever done this successfully and have some tips?

    Seth Brundle, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Yes, just press it back on!
    That's it
    And you will need to return the old KB to IBM or they will charge you

    Bruce Markowitz, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Seth Brundle

    Seth Brundle Guest

    Uh, yeah we definitely tried that - :) - not that simple - there are
    two sets of pins which must be properly placed - and it will differ
    depending on which parts of the key came off when the key did. Took
    about an hour.
    its under warranty but thanks.

    Seth Brundle, Sep 6, 2003
  4. And you will need to return the old KB to IBM or they will charge you
    Like Bruce said: You will need to return the old KB to IBM or they will
    charge you.

    That's how their warranty works when they do a parts exchange like this.
    They want the old part back within 30 days. You will get a reminder in the
    mail in a couple of weeks if you don't send it back.

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Sep 6, 2003
  5. Next time it will take 30 seconds, now that you know the trick

    Bruce Markowitz, Sep 7, 2003