  1. Bob Petruska

    Bob Petruska Guest

    I'm ready to buy and it may as well be the lastest version?

    Bob Petruska, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Bob Petruska

    Paul Guest

    In article <>, "Bob Petruska"
    <> wrote:

    > I'm ready to buy and it may as well be the lastest version?

    First, see this FAQ entry from Asus.

    http://www.asus.it/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=85257

    The kind of information you need from people is their
    board "revision" and the board "PCBA".

    The board "revision" number refers to a number printed on the
    fiberglass printed circuit board. If the copper traces on
    the board are changed, then the revision number is changed.

    The "PCBA" keeps track of the "shopping list" used to fill the
    board. So, the RLZ capacitors referenced in the FAQ could be
    on several different PCBAs of the same revision of board.
    Judging by comments on this issue, a fairly large number of
    boards are out there with these capacitors on them. The PCBA
    will even contain an entry for the revision of board used,
    so when the revision number is bumped up, the PCBA number
    will be bumped up too.

    This web page, if you scroll to the bottom, shows examples
    of how the revision and PCBA are printed on the product.
    Note that this info is not printed on the outside of the
    box, so you have to convince your vendor to open the box and
    check. (One of the advantages of buying locally.)

    http://www.asuscom.de/support/FAQ/faq077_Pentium_III_CU.htm

    So, to you K8V purchasers out there, what revision and PCBA
    do you find on your board, and are there the RLZ0333 capacitors
    on your board or not ?

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 25, 2004