    fsb from 133 to 166. if so, how much faster will it be and will it be
    faster than xp 3200+?

    joseph

    joe s, Aug 24, 2005

  2. joe s

    Wes Newell Guest

    If that's truly a 2800+/266 then the multiplier should be 17 for 2266MHz
    if it's a Tbred core, and i'd guess around 15 for 2000MHz if it's a barton
    core. So just do the math. 17x166.67=2833MHz (not a chance in hell).
    15x166.67=2500MHz (maybe possible). If the multiplier is 14 or less then
    there shouldn't be a problem.

    Wes Newell, Aug 25, 2005

  3. joe s

    uddarts Guest

    as long as your board has vcore and multiplier adjustments with 3200
    ram, you should have no problem running 11x200. if not there is always
    the pin mod. i had one in a soyo kt880 way back in december for a
    short period but don’t remember whether i pushed it to 11.5 or 12x200.

    ud

    uddarts, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Le 24/08/2005 22:47, joe s a ecrit :
    dont know for this one but a duron 1gHz and athlon thunderbird 1,2 GHz
    100 and 133 fsb both overclocked to fsb at 200Mhz.

    Franck Pissotte, Aug 30, 2005
  5. joe s

    Wes Newell Guest

    Right, and I've got a pig that flies too. IOW's. not with the default
    multiplier.

    Wes Newell, Aug 30, 2005
  6. Le 30/08/2005 10:02, Wes Newell a ecrit :
    of course the multiplier should be changed so that the frequency stay the same.
    the cpu should be unlocked and bios must have setting for that.

    Franck Pissotte, Aug 31, 2005