    Is it noisy ?

    Thank you
    Rgds

    Ayoros, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Please define what /you/ mean by noisy. With the range in ages
    and levels of high-frequency hearing loss that certainly exist
    amongst all users of computers as well as the denizens of
    a.s.p-c.d, what is noisy as a brass band to one person can be
    quiet as a church mouse to another.

    Ogden Johnson III, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Ayoros

    Tom Almy Guest

    Not very quantitative, but the Intel BTX standard (used in the 5000)
    is intended to reduce system noise while improving cooling by having a
    more inline airflow rather than blowing air around corners. Ironically
    the design places the case fan at the front, and vents at the front as
    well (works better when in an enclosure), so the design requires special
    attention to sound baffling.

    In any event, the 5000 looks like a very good design, and is tool-free
    like the high end Dell systems. It's certainly a better purchase than
    the 4700 it will replace. Now wait for Dell to announce the "9000" :)

    Tom Almy, Dec 18, 2004
  4. Ayoros

    darkrats Guest

    Where can I find information on the Dell 5000?
    Checked out the website, but my eyes can't seem to find it.

    darkrats, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Ayoros

    Tom Almy Guest

    Tom Almy, Dec 19, 2004