    problem and overcame it - short of swapping VGA cards.

    I really wanted to "enjoy" my new Q6600 CPU :)

    Cheers

    SumGuy, Oct 29, 2007

  2. SumGuy

    SumGuy Guest

    Arrgh!

    I emailed Gigabyte support and they did reply, suggesting I try a different
    card and if that didn't work I should send the board back under warranty, so
    I tried a 7600GS in the rev 3.3 board and that did work, I could change the
    bus speed.

    Put the 7950gx2 in the rev 1 board and I couldn't enable CPU Host Clock
    Control in that board either - on the first rev 1 board I had I could enable
    the CPU Host Clock Control.

    Then I put the 7950gx2 into an elcheapo Asus board and I could change the
    bus speed on that board...

    <sigh!>

    SumGuy, Nov 9, 2007

  3. SumGuy

    10acjed

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    In My Moms Basement
    Any Luck Yet ???

    :confused: :confused: :confused:

    Was considering this card to run on my setup

    ga p965 s3 3.3
    e4300 C2D @ 3150 (FSB @ 350)
    arctic freezer 7
    2x1 Gig OCZ DDRII 800 @ 4-4-4-12
    evga 7900 gto w/zalman

    I am piecing together a system from spare parts i have laying around for a house warming gift. Have the mobo/p4/hd/mem and need to get a case with ps, cd drive and vid card

    Have two systems running now, mine and my girlfriends so I figured I could upgrade mine to the 7950 and put mine in my girls n swap the x1600xt from hers to the gift.

    But if I cant run my cpu at the oc'd speed I have now there is no point on this card

    Any help would be greatly appreciated....

    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
    10acjed, Jan 21, 2008