Anyone using GeForceFX 5900 Ultra with SGI 17.3" LCD or Apple 22" 1600x1024 LCD?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Vincent Poy, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    Greetings:

    On my system on a ABIT BE6IIv2.0 Pentium III 1Ghz 133FSB Motherboard using
    the Intel 440BX chipset and my display being a SGI (Silicon Graphics Inc)
    17.3" 1600x1024 16:10 60hz LCD display via DVI. I had no issues with a PNY
    Verto GeForce3 Ti500 64MB. However, with the BFG Technologies Asylum
    GeForceFX 5900 Ultra 256MB, what appears to happens is that everything from
    the BIOS Power on self testing, bios setup, and DOS would have the text
    flickering and blury with streaks between the characters as well as on the
    Award BIOS main screen where the Energy Star logo is, part of the yellow on
    the right side is on the left side of the screen. The screen is running at
    1600x1024 at 63.36Hz. The problem seems to occur with everything before
    the Windows XP logo since everything after that is fine. I'm not sure what
    the AGP version on the Intel 440BX chipset is but the GeForce3 Ti500
    requires a AGP 2.0 port and I did have some issues initially which was
    fixed with a newer version of Nvidia firmware for the video card. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Vincent Poy

    B Guest

    Just wondering if you have enough power supply juice for that beast of a
    card?

    regards

    B, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    I should since I have a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 450ATX which is
    450Watt sustained rated at 40C degrees and it's already a conservative
    rating as the peak output is way higher. Here are the specs:

    DC Output:
    +5V @ 50A
    +12V @ 18A
    -5V @ 0.3A
    -12V @ 2A
    +3.3V @ 40A
    +5VSB @ 2A
    +5V & +3.3V<300W
    Regulation:
    1% (+5, +12)
    3% (-5, -12)
    1% (+3.3)
    Ripple:
    1% (p-p)
    Hold Time:
    20ms
    PG Delay:
    300ms

    The other issue is that the AGP is running at 100Mhz and not 66Mhz as there
    is no 1/2 divider on the 440BX chipset so it runs on 2/3 divider. And the
    AGP is AGP 1.0 and not 2.0. So I don't even know if the voltage output is
    meeting the requirements since I remember 2.0/3.0 uses 0.8v/1.5v but I
    think some AGP standard is 3.3volts as well.

    Cheers,
    Vince

    Vincent Poy, Jul 15, 2003