    you found it to be?

    Does the touchpad support horizontal and vertical scrolling, and
    if so, is it suitably responsive?

    User N, Jan 11, 2006

  2. P-M 2.0 (760) / X300 / 1GB (2x512MB@PC4200DDR2)
    Light use (eg. browsing newsgroups in Mozilla, not at all). Heavy use
    (eg. emerge world in Gentoo), it gets warm but not hot enough to warrant
    moving your wrist away.
    For light use, it's not an issue (it's on my lap as I type this
    response, been on for a half hour so far). When I do something heavy
    like compiling, I wouldn't put it on my lap or any fabric surface that
    doesn't allow ventilation.
    It allows both, but I rarely use it. I'm much more of a trackpoint
    person (I came to the laptop from a Thinkpad). I did notice, vertical
    scrolling seems smoother in Linux than Windows although I can probably
    adjust it somewhere.

    The D610 is a good machine, but you may consider holding out for dual
    core laptops which I'd expect to see in the next 6 months. For my
    intents & purposes (I got it last March while I was finishing my senior
    year of college studying electrical engineering), it has been perfect.

    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 11, 2006