    Just thought I would share this. They go pretty quick. They got a new
    shipment in last night. Ordered mine around 9 pm.

    Greg

    Greg, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Greg

    moncho Guest

    Do you have a link?

    moncho

    moncho, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

  4. Greg

    moncho Guest

    moncho, Sep 23, 2004
  5. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I should get it tomorrow. I'll post here after it's done. I don't foresee
    any problems.

    Greg, Sep 23, 2004
  6. When I went to the site they were priced at $156, and not $138???

    Larz F. Kremer, Sep 23, 2004
  7. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Wow. They went up in the space of 24 hours. They must be selling them like
    hotcakes. At 9 pm last night they were 136 dollars. Plus I got a free 5 pack
    of dvd-r's:

    Discount for N82E16800999458&CD/DVD Burn 1 $-8.00
    DVD-R NEWEGG DRD-47-4X-NG 5PK% N82E16800999458 1 $8.00
    DVD+/-RW 8X|NEC ND-6500A N82E16827152028 1 $136.00

    Greg, Sep 23, 2004
  8. Greg

    Quaoar Guest

    Holy cow! How did this slip through the OEM system? Spectacular! BTW,
    the price is $156.

    Quaoar, Sep 23, 2004
  9. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Well it didn't go as smooth as I wanted. Since my original cdrw/dvdrom was a
    samsung and the dvdrw is a nec, the bezel didn't snap into place. So I've
    cut off some of the clips and have used 2 part epoxy to glue the bezel face
    to the front of the dvdrw. Should hold. After all it doesn't take any of the
    stress. It pops out on its own.

    Greg, Sep 24, 2004
  10. Greg

    moncho Guest

    Does the drive work properly with the power connecter and XP?

    Did you just remove the tiny screws to get the drive out of the bezel?

    Just checking.

    <snip>

    moncho

    moncho, Sep 25, 2004
  11. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Yes. Did it all. Everything connects just fine. Only problem was the front
    bezel. But snipped a couple of the pieces of plastic off the bezel and took
    some j/b weld and put a dab on the bezel and left it overnight. Slid it back
    in and it works just fine.

    Greg, Sep 27, 2004