    Thanks for any advice

    Cheers
    Tony

    Tony Mountifield, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Tony Mountifield

    Tom Scales Guest

    In my experience, reasonably new players will play both +R and -R.

    I buy by price.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Aug 3, 2005

  3. It's probably best to check compatibility with your DVD player first, by
    checking user manuals etc. You don't want to go and buy a whole pack of
    blank discs only to find that you can only play them on your PC.

    I bought a cheap player from Asda here in the UK about six months ago and it
    only plays -Rs, not +Rs.

    Steven Thompson

    Steven Thompson, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Tony Mountifield

    Ben Myers Guest

    Worse yet, one of my clients bought some blank DVD-Rs to burn some on his
    computer. Turns out they were not compatible with the burner, a slightly older
    one. I swapped some other media with my client, and all was well.

    My impression is that the DVD specifications have changed rapidly in the last
    two years, leading to lots of mismatches between drive and media. Low prices
    geared more for the mass market for DVD-RW drives is hope that the whole DVD
    arena has settled down... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 3, 2005