AOpen Aeolus FX5200-DV256MB

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Didimo Grimaldo, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. I recently bought a motherboard that says that it supports AGP cards with
    0.8V and 1.5V. It also says "this motherboard does not support 3.3V cards!".

    Now, I bought an AOpen Aeolus FX5200-DV256MB and I have several questions
    that the AOpen webiste is unable to address:

    1) This card has a sticker that says "DDR 256MB" but I am not able to find
    that product/model in the AOPen website (only the FX5200-DV128). In the
    card's printed circuit board it shows "FX5600-DVO" and yet one of the
    connectors (the round one, I presume S-Video) has a sticker with "FX5200
    DV256" This is all very confusing...

    2) Since the FX5200-DV256 does not appear on the website I looked up the
    FX5200-DV128. There in the AGP signals section it shows all three voltages
    (0.8V, 1.5V, 3.3V). My question -and a very important one- is if this means
    that it requires ALL THREE ??? I ask because my ASUS P4P800SE motherboard
    does not support 3.3V cards (see first paragraph).

    3) Does that also mean that the DV256 model also is 0.8,1.5,3.3?

    I don't want to watch my hard earned bucks go up in flame because of a bad
    card.

    Regards,
    Emilio

    Didimo Grimaldo, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Didimo  Grimaldo

    c Guest

    The board and card will work fine together. Some of the older 3.3v cards
    actually have a different AGP slot configuration and will not fit the newer
    boards. This site will help clear up some of the confusion for you:

    http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/10,63.html

    Chris

    c, Jun 25, 2004