AOpen AK79D-400VN - any good?

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi NG,

    I recently tried a DFI NFII Ultra Inifinty and it was so unstable that I
    plan on taking it back this weekend (the BIOS was resetting itself all over
    the place!). I have found the AOpen board for a real good price (£41.08 inc
    VAT) and I though I might give it go.

    I've searched the web and newsgroups but there isn't that much about the
    board. Either it is great and nobody has any beef with it or people just
    aren't using it.

    Would anybody like to offer their two penneth worth? I want a board that is
    stable at the default settings - I don't want to o/c it - I just want the
    dual channel RAM, a faster chipset and a decent upgrade path (just
    discovered that the latest BIOS will even handle Sempron CPU's!).

    TIA

    Glenn

    Guest, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Guest

    Nystagmus Guest

    the following link is to a newegg.com site where people who have purchased
    the AK79K VN review it.

    http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?DEPA=0&item=13-137-036

    Nystagums

    Nystagmus, Jul 31, 2004