    the heatsink retention bracket.

    Where can I get one? I know I know... the risk you take with OEM and refurb
    stuff.

    Scott, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Scott

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yes, it should have come with the MB, maybe, but when I bought my retail
    3000+ the documentation said it included the bracket, but it wasn't there.
    Didn't matter to me since it was on the Mb I bought, but if you check the
    docs that came with the cpu and it still says the brackets come with it,
    then email AMD and tell them you want the bracket that was supposed to be
    included. They have no choice but to send you one. Or get one from where
    ypou bought the MB. At any rate, you shouldn't have to buy one.

    Wes Newell, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Scott

    rstlne Guest

    This is how many companys make their money back from OEM and Refurb (NewEgg
    could be considered one of those companys)..
    Ebay is usually the best place to go as they will have the packs that make
    the Oem into Retail (or damn near it).

    Of course, Most cases have the proper cutouts usually so there might not be
    a need.

    rstlne, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Scott

    Hamman Guest

    Of course, Most cases have the proper cutouts usually so there might not
    I think this is about the CPU retention bracket needed for A64 heatsinks,
    and not I/O core shields

    hamman

    Hamman, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Scott

    rstlne Guest

    And you are correct, Is what I get for skimming...

    rstlne, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Scott

    gerry Guest

    You can get an aftermarket heatsink/fan that comes with it's own
    backplate such as the Thermalright amd64 series stuff.

    Thermalright sells their neo backplate by itself cheap, but I'm not
    sure if it would fit the official AMD heatsink/fan. Check it out.

    http://www.heatsinkstore.com/neobackplt.html

    Well, just scoured the apt for mine and you're screwed, it's a dinky
    backplate with a pair of screws and a plastic top plate assembly that
    the amd heatsink must latch onto. The above backplate wouldn't work
    with this thing, Thermalright mounting screws/hardware are different.

    Here's the AOPEN part number though off the bag: 59.8AD01.001

    See if AOPEN USA will send you one.

    I'd sell you mine, but I have plans for it down the road.

    gerry, Sep 2, 2004
  7. Scott

    gerry Guest

    gerry, Sep 2, 2004