Aopen AX4B MoBo STBY LED Flashes, Computer not start

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by rdarquea, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. rdarquea

    rdarquea Guest

    Hi everyone

    I have a problem with my new computer.

    MoBo: AOpen AX4B Intel 845 DDR266

    Processor: Intel P4 1.7GHz

    RAM: DDR400 512MB (The MoBo is supposed to accept just ddr200 and
    ddr266, but it's the first time it causes me a problem when I don't
    respect that rule)

    AGP 4X Graphic Card

    My computer does not start. It beeps constantly and the STBYLED
    flashes a red light.

    Nothing appears on the screen.

    Thanks for your help!

    rdarquea, Mar 10, 2007

  2. rdarquea

    Davy Guest

    Hi have a look here taken from Computer Help Desk under Reference
    links section.

    Mobo bios beep codes & bios
    diagnostics
    http://www.bioscentral.com/ and
    http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html and another
    http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml#phoenix

    Not sure what bios it uses so you'll have to look up sorry to say, but
    it does point down to either a RAM or Video card fault since bios is
    not POSTing (Power On Self Test).

    Many a fault like this could be just that the cards want re-seating,
    pulling out and re-inserting.

    Your first goal is getting the bios to boot and be able to access the
    bios set up screen, this you will get with the bare essentials that is
    with just the ....

    CPU Graphic card and RAM inserted... you can forget about the hard
    drive
    as it doesn't come into play until bios hands over to the CPU and you
    get that single beep...

    ...supposing all was well with no hard drive you would see something
    like "Please insert disc with you operating system on" or
    "No hard drive found" or something to this effect.

    One point to note is that you do have to alter the FSB speeds using
    the mobo links or switches when using faster RAMs, you'll probably
    know this.

    Davy

    Davy, Mar 13, 2007