  1. Joker

    Joker Guest

    I just got this DVD writer from Tigerdirect.com. Everything seems to work great except when I tried to copy a dvd in Nero I used a Philips / 4.7GB / DVD+R and it would not accept it. It kept asking for a dvd-r or rw. Waht am I doing wrong?

    Joker, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Joker

    pjp Guest

    I'd suggest the burner ONLY is capable of writing DVD- format. It's my understanding only a few dvd burners do both. Fortunately, I guessed right (and paid more) for the Sony I use which does accept and write both + and - formats.

    pjp, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Joker

    Joker Guest

    p> I'd suggest the burner ONLY is capable of writing DVD- format. It's
    p> my understanding only a few dvd burners do both. Fortunately, I
    p> guessed right (and paid more) for the Sony I use which does accept
    p> and write both + and - formats.
    p> p> I just got this DVD writer from Tigerdirect.com. Everything seems
    p> to work great except when I tried to copy a dvd in Nero I used a
    p> Philips / 4.7GB / DVD+R and it would not accept it. It kept asking
    p> for a dvd-r or rw. Waht am I doing wrong?

    p> --
    p> Joker
    p> You have to be very careful when you do a Google search for "vacuum
    p> enthusiast"

    I think it was just the firmware or Nero. I used disk shrink and then Nero
    and it burned the +R just fine.

    Joker, Feb 7, 2005