    the same driver as my CD burner. I am just not sure what to do now. I am
    trying to work with Aopen support, but they are hard to get a hold of. Any
    ideas?

    Joker, May 31, 2005

  2. Joker

    » mrtee « Guest

    Buy a new one. LASERs have been know to go bad. Are you getting "Bad
    block" errors in Event viewer?

    » mrtee «, May 31, 2005

  3. First thing to check is that the cables are still securely inserted the the
    drive by opening hte case and looking.

    If you still get the error and the drive isn't visible in the BIOS, then
    it's died and gone to drive heaven. If it's under guarantee, contact AOpen.
    If not, go out and get a better new one!

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jun 1, 2005
  4. Joker

    Joker Guest

    CMM> First thing to check is that the cables are still securely inserted
    CMM> the the
    CMM> drive by opening hte case and looking.

    CMM> If you still get the error and the drive isn't visible in the BIOS,
    CMM> then
    CMM> it's died and gone to drive heaven. If it's under guarantee,
    CMM> contact AOpen.
    CMM> If not, go out and get a better new one!
    CMM> --
    CMM> Cari
    CMM> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    This thing is only a few month old. It quit after two months. The BIOS and
    Windows both recognise it, the cables are all secure.

    Joker, Jun 1, 2005