    without having to pay for it???

    Thanks,
    Kathy

    Kathy, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Kathy

    Wes Newell Guest

    The "official" source for any MB bios is the manufacturer.
    Hmmm... Couldn't be here could it. Are you both blonde?:)

    http://download.aopen.com.tw/

    Wes Newell, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    Yes, I know... but the Manufacturer does not have the award bios
    update on their site.
    Nope.... the only bios update they have for this board is for a
    completely different bios.

    Kathy, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Kathy

    Wes Newell Guest

    What are you talking about? The above statement makes absolutely no sense.
    Here the the different bios versions available at the above link for the
    MK33 MB. Take your pick but I'd suggest the first one whiich is the latest
    and probably the last one that will be built for your board. They are not
    in release order and the latest is R1.17. The first released appears to be
    R1.02. OK, I just downloaded it from San Jose site.
    Archive: /home/wes/mk33r117.zip
    Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Name
    -------- ------ ------- ----- ---- ---- ------ ----
    262144 Defl:N 139576 47% 07-10-03 17:47 f2f189f9 mk33r117.bin
    30269 Defl:N 16126 47% 07-10-03 17:47 39b57666 Mk33r117.exe
    -------- ------- --- -------
    292413 155702 47% 2 files

    So what's the problem? Do you not know how to flash a bios? Should be
    instructions on the Aopen website somewhere or in the manual. Normally
    create a dos boot diskette and put the 2 files on it. In this case I'd say
    just run Mk33r117.exe and see what it does. If it doesn't install the new
    bios it should give you the info you need. If not try mk33r117 /? and see
    what the options are.

    MK33
    BIOS N/A R1.17 7/23/2003
    152 KB
    # Fixed 6511-UV Keyboard need wait 25s after resuming from S3 under Windows 2000.
    # Fixed 6511-UV Keyboard can't work after resuming from S4 under Windows 2000.
    # Fixed ACPI error under Event Viewer in WinXP

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.02 7/24/2002
    149 KB
    # Checksum 3FCAh
    # Initial Release

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.04 7/24/2002
    149 KB
    # Checksum B271h
    # Improves compatibility with S3 Diamond AGP card.
    # Changes DRAM Clock default setting to AUTO and strings to "PCI CLK x3/4".

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.08 7/24/2002
    149 KB
    # Checksum 5F1Eh
    # Opens all clock generator options.
    # Disables onboard audio automatically if any audio card found.
    # Loads setup default by pressing "HOME" key when booting up.
    # Changes "Frequency/voltage control" to "CPU/PCI clock control".

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.09 7/24/2002
    149 KB
    # Checksum 3DC2h
    # Removes the selection of FSB 100 for AMD Socket A CPU

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.11 7/24/2002
    148 KB
    # Checksum 761Eh
    # Suports Power Auto Recovery; set to Off by Default.
    # Fixes noise from Creative Sound Blaster audio card.
    # Supports Dr. LED (needs certain PCB lots).
    # Adds 256MB option in Advanced Chipset for AGP aperture.
    # Fixes detection error of L2 cache of Duron CPU

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.12 7/24/2002
    148 KB
    # Checksum B14Ah
    # Solves hang-up at rebooting.
    # Solves Adaptec boot failure from AHA-29160 SCSI card if SCSI HDD ID < SCSI CDROM ID.
    # Loads "Setup Default" instead of "Turbo Default" when clearing CMOS

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.14 7/24/2002
    152 KB
    # Checksum EFD0h
    # Adds option to support floppy 'Drive B'

    OS Support:DOS

    R1.03 7/23/2002
    197 KB
    # Checksum 53EFh
    # Fixed boot failure with Bootblock from floppy drive.

    OS Support:DOS

    Wes Newell, Feb 19, 2005