Aopen TI4200 - TV Out - weird problem.....

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by oritpro, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. oritpro

    oritpro Guest

    Hello all,

    I am having a strange problem with the TV output connected to a JVC 32".
    The picture is fine, but after about five minutes I get these weird gray
    blotches on the left and right sides. Not on the edges but about a third of
    the way in from the sides, and top and bottom.

    The blotches eventually turn purple, then green. It's almost like holding a
    magnet in front of the picture tube.

    If I turn off the TV or remove the computer cable, the blotches go away but
    come back again after hooking the cable back up.

    I've tried changing resolutions and color depths on both the monitor and TV
    outputs and running TV out only. Nothing seems to cure it. I also tried
    the TVTool utility, different Aopen and Nvidia drivers, running fullscreen,
    half screen etc.....

    I don't have any problems with the TV unless the computer (Dell 8250) is
    hooked up to it. I'am using the composite video adapter with a good quality
    cable about 8 feet long.

    This is driving me crazy, has anybody else had this problem or could provide
    some insight as to what is going on?

    oritpro, Sep 14, 2003