AP400 Professional Workstation

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by AlanMuller, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. AlanMuller

    AlanMuller

    I'm trying to use one of these.....

    It has the original SCSI drive installed. (About 4 GB)

    When I plug in an IDE drive to the "primary" IDE connector it is recognized. But the machine insists on trying to boot from it.

    The boot order feature in the setup program can't seem to distinguish between the two hard drives although other screens recognize all four drives correctly (floppy, CD, IDE and SCSI).

    Can anybody help me force the box to boot from the SCSI drive?

    What is the maximum IDE drive size supported and how can in increase it?

    Thanks in advance....

    am

    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
    AlanMuller, Aug 19, 2007