    from infoSync World by Sindre Lia
    A dedicated Apple retailer in Norway halted pre-orders of the Apple
    iPad on February 4 due to heavy demand.

    No iPad 4U - SOLD OUT!, Feb 10, 2010

  2. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    Guest Guest

    it's not for sale yet.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2010

  3. Thus the term "pre-order".

    Gene E. Bloch, Feb 10, 2010
  4. How about up to 30 days after placing the order?

    Just kidding - or so I hope...

    Gene E. Bloch, Feb 10, 2010
  5. You can do the same thing here in the USA if you a swift enough.
    MicroCenter is an Apple Retailer who has some very good B&M prices on
    Apple items after MC rebate. I am sure they will let you preorder if
    you 'romance' the store manager.

    Best Buys may even get in on the act.

    Amazon does pre orders on some items.

    Amazon already has iPad cases on sale from $12.
    http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Sue...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265859978&sr=8-4

    No iPad 4U - SOLD OUT!, Feb 11, 2010
  6. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    Per Rønne Guest

    But it is already for pre-order in lots of countries - Denmark included.
    I haven't pre-ordered only because I want to know about the WiFi-only
    iPad's ability to tether with the iPhone to get access to the 3G net.
    And GPS. It should be possible through the Camera Connection Kit's
    usb-device and through bluetooth - unless Apple has introduced some
    software limitations on the device.

    Per Rønne, Feb 11, 2010
  7. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <hkvd7p$l35$> Gene E. Bloch
    It's not available for pre-order yet either, at least not on Apple.com.

    DevilsPGD, Feb 11, 2010
  8. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    Larry Guest

    Overstock.com?....(c;]

    Larry, Feb 11, 2010
  9. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    JF Mezei Guest

    Apple retailers may br bound to certain rules with regards to how they
    handle product launches (for instance, ensuring that none of the stock
    they get ahead of official launch date is sold/leaked.)

    Remember that all stores will get a limited allotment, and Apple might
    not be interested in shipping 100 units to a store who will never put
    them on display because they were all pre-sold. Apple would rather send
    those 100 units to an Apple store so that TV media will be able to show
    many more satisfied customers leaving the store with a big smile and an
    IpAd in their hands.

    So it really depends on how fast Apple is ramping up production and
    satisfy the demand. (a traditional problem at Apple).

    JF Mezei, Feb 11, 2010
  10. So that's where you buy your netbooks.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 11, 2010
  11. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    Larry Guest

    Nope. Buy.com. Same idea!

    http://www.buy.com/retail/usersearchresults.asp?
    querytype=home&qu=Samsung+NC10&qxt=home&display=col

    You should buy the pink one at the top. It would make you appear more
    "feminine" as you whiplash your way through the newsgroups calling people
    dirty names.

    http://www.buy.com/prod/samsung-nc10-13p-netbook-intel-atom-n270-1-6ghz-10-
    1-wsvga-1gb-160gb/q/loc/101/211513315.html

    Bring it by my house and I'll give you a free touchscreen and install it
    for you. I've done this to 22 NC10's so far....(c;]

    These were $299 on buy.com not long ago. Prices sure have shot up on Win
    XP netbooks now that M$ is shoving Win7 down their throats.

    Larry, Feb 11, 2010
  12. The only people I call dirty names are dirty people. And the only people I
    whiplash are those deserving the lash of a whip.

    If you weren't such a reprobate and miscreant, I would have been polite to
    you, but scoundrels like you are beneath contempt and have earned all the
    verbal abuse they receive.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 12, 2010
  13. What makes you think I'm a rifle person?

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 18, 2010
  14. You don't sound like someone from the URBAN GHETTO, Michelle.

    I am not sure if the NRA even stands behind this new weapon.

    Ghetto boy now may have a new slick shotgun revolver that has just hit
    the streets. Home Boy can drop that little crowd please-er in his
    pants, cover it with a hoodie and have at it the next time someone
    disses him during a business deal. It uses regular shot gun shells and
    reportabley beats carrying a sawed of shotgun.

    I sure would hate to run into someone with PMS and a shot gun
    revolver (stamped made in the USA) in her handbag at the super
    market!

    See Wired.com (Danger Room) for more details and photos of this beast.

    2010 Year of Super-smart iPhone Apps, Feb 18, 2010
  15. What does that have to do with it?
    I don't know, either.

    But I still don't understand what makes you or Ruddell think that I'm a
    rifle person.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 18, 2010
  16. Well, your sig file has Member National Rifle Association so I just
    figured that was a clue...[/QUOTE]

    Do you believe that all members of the NRA own rifles? Or any other
    firearm, for that matter?

    The fact of the matter is that although I support the second amendment,
    along with the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights, I don't own any
    firearms.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 18, 2010
  17. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    SMS Guest

    Do you believe that all members of the NRA own rifles? Or any other
    firearm, for that matter?

    The fact of the matter is that although I support the second amendment,
    along with the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights, I don't own any
    firearms.[/QUOTE]

    The NRA strongly opposes the 2nd amendment, so it's confusing why you'd
    be a member.

    SMS, Feb 18, 2010
  18. The NRA strongly opposes the 2nd amendment, so it's confusing why you'd
    be a member.[/QUOTE]

    Huh? The NRA strongly supports the 2nd amendment: "A well regulated
    Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the
    people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 18, 2010
  19. No iPad 4U -  SOLD OUT!

    SMS Guest

    Huh? The NRA strongly supports the 2nd amendment: "A well regulated
    Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the
    people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."[/QUOTE]

    No, they like the part after the second comma, but strongly oppose the
    actual meaning of the 2nd amendment.

    SMS, Feb 18, 2010
  20. No, they like the part after the second comma, but strongly oppose the
    actual meaning of the 2nd amendment.[/QUOTE]

    They disagree with you about the actual meaning of the amendment.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 18, 2010