    saved at sbc?

    All opinions appreciated but specially from people who have experience
    with sbcglobal email. Thanks.

    Newbie, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Newbie

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    If their servers support POP, then there's no reason not to. Indeed, you
    can easily run both in tandem. If you set Mail to never delete messages
    after download, you can store them on the webmail account *and* in
    Mail's own folders.

    You might find Gmail better too, as they also store outgoing mail sent
    from a Gmail account, even from a local mailer.

    Andy Hewitt, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Newbie

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    By far the best mail service I've used to date. The only problem I found
    is it won't allow downloading to more than one client using POP.

    Apart from that, the tagging system works a dream, and I love the way it
    captures sent mail from my local mail client, and then groups them with
    the messages already on the server.

    Andy Hewitt, Nov 15, 2005
  4. To be replaced by... SMTP and GMail?

    Riiiight.

    -- Steve

    Steven Fisher, Nov 15, 2005
  5. Newbie

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    That's the problem though, I have set my clients to not remove from
    server, all the mail is still in the webmail account, but once you've
    downloaded it once, you cannot again using another computer or client.
    The only way is to set it to allow POP downloads 'from' in prefs, but
    this resends every message you have stored.

    The flag for downloading seems to be set server side by Gmail.

    Andy Hewitt, Nov 15, 2005