    fan for something silent.

    if the arctic cool does not fit, does anyone know an alternative?

    thks

    dummy, May 10, 2004

  2. dummy

    bluestringer Guest

    The stock fan is not noisy at all. BTW, great card. The 5200 ultra is very
    underrated because of the bad rap the plain 5200 gets.

    bluestringer

    bluestringer, May 10, 2004

  3. dummy

    dummy Guest

    well, truth be told, the card i should be receiving in the mail is coming
    from PNY as a replacement for my previous 5200fx - which failed (and had far
    and away the noisiest fan in my case.)

    the images i've seen for the current PNY cards show a largish fan in a
    gold-plated HS. my returned card had a smaller fan in an aluminum HS... mb
    they have improved the fan?

    thanks for the input. i always thought the performance was very good, so
    agree with you on the bad rep.

    dummy, May 10, 2004
  4. dummy

    bluestringer Guest

    I've installed 3 PNY cards and have had no problems with them. The 5200
    Ultra I have now has the large fan in the gold-plated HS with HS's also
    covering the memory.

    bluestringer

    bluestringer, May 10, 2004