Are ASUS motherboards better than ABIT motherboards?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by New Question, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. New Question

    New Question Guest

    New Question, Jun 11, 2004

  2. New Question

    Quixote Guest

    Check your reading comprehension. It is a "reader's choice" award, not a
    claim by Tom's Hardware Guide, and the "readers" were limited to Tom's
    audience. Take that how you want.

    Quixote, Jun 11, 2004

  3. New Question

    Gareth Jones Guest

    Interesting ...... so does the OP buy Asus boards over Abit? ..... and
    they obviously have a bit of a problem with complex stuff like...
    working out who's talking about what ...... hmmmmm .......
    Might be a Ph.D. in there somewhere
    ;-)

    followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
    followed by 'net'

    Gareth Jones, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Jun 11, 2004
  5. New Question

    TomG Guest

    first, the article is 18 or so months old... and it amounts to nothing more
    than a reader poll, not a test based results report. reader polls are
    significant in that they detail preferences and opinions but, personal
    opinion, they are not a true measure of performance and reliability. if
    Tom's had conducted structured tests over a period of time and then reported
    on those, I would feel that the article would carry more weight... just my
    opinion.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jun 11, 2004
  6. New Question

    Bob Guest

    I congratulate you, first of all on your catch and then on your post,
    contentious and yet subtle enough to reel in a few fish.

    You have learned a little from your last post, but how do you top it..?

    http://tinyurl.com/82zg

    Bob, Jun 11, 2004
  7. New Question

    GlassVial Guest

    Tom's Hardware Guide claims ASUS motherboards are better than ABIT I'm not even going to check the site after others have already
    responded. So I'll just answer your question in 2 words: HELL NO!!

    -GV

    GlassVial, Jun 11, 2004
  8. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    I'd also "heard" that TomG's Hardware Guide was recently touting
    rebuilt Yugos as the "coming" mode of vehicular transport.

    What a shame.
    His old faithful "VW" must be nearing it's end.

    :)
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jun 11, 2004
  9. New Question

    TomG Guest

    either the Yugo or an old Citroen with the hydraulic lift!

    TomG, Jun 11, 2004
  10. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    And the hydraulic lift is just to get you in it? A man your age has to be
    concerned with breaking a hip, after all!

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/mickeyears.jpg

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 11, 2004
  11. New Question

    TomG Guest

    One thing I have to say about you, Jef. You are the most reliable
    compatriot and can be counted upon in the toughest of times! Carry on, man!

    TomG, Jun 11, 2004
  12. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    Amazing!!

    A hydraulic suspension vehicle to transport a hydraulic implant ...

    More 'Power' to ya, man. :)

    Oh My!!
    Qed

    PS- I think the CVs had no "H" suspension ... thier big bros did.
    .. Big Bro shared the big "M" V-8 too.
    .. Varrrr_oom!

    0_Qed, Jun 11, 2004
  13. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    Almost. :)

    I think 'he' uses the hydraulic suspension,
    in concert with the his hydraulic implant , ...
    back seat 'games', ya know.

    Clever 'chap', that TomG.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jun 11, 2004
  14. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    ????

    Your 'equipage' getting too heavy to carry ???

    Oh My!
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jun 11, 2004
  15. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    Qed wrote:

    | ????
    |
    | Your --->>>'equipage'<<<--- getting too heavy to carry ???
    |
    | Oh My!
    | Qed.

    ¿Equipage?

    You gotta stop using terms such as this in this group!

    ¡Bah! You'd think this is some kind of technical support group the way you
    talk.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 12, 2004
  16. New Question

    Bill Drake Guest

    But it is, Jef -- But it is...

    <ominous music swells in background>

    (After all, this newsgroup *is* noted for its
    Cecil B. Demille production characteristics..)

    <smirk>, <double-smirk> _and_ <triple-smirk>

    Bill

    Bill Drake, Jun 12, 2004
  17. New Question

    patrickp Guest

    Equipage, Jef, "something with which one is equipped (archaic); the
    apparatus required for any operation, eg making tea (archaic); a
    carriage and attendants, retinue." (Chambers)

    As usual, Qed is far more articulate than you'd expect. Since he was
    clearly employing the word in the third of its meanings, he's not even
    archaic on this occasion!

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Jun 12, 2004
  18. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    Bravo!!

    `Encore!

    :)
    Qed

    0_Qed, Jun 12, 2004
  19. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    =CLEARLY= a superior Reply ... penultimate.

    An "OED" to that man!!

    Qed.

    PS- May 'you', & the horse you rode in on, recieve your just "deserts".

    0_Qed, Jun 12, 2004
  20. New Question

    TomG Guest

    you keep your pen away from me!