Are ASUS motherboards better than ABIT motherboards?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by New Question, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    patrickp wrote:

    | Equipage, Jef, "something with which one is equipped (archaic); the
    | apparatus required for any operation, eg making tea (archaic); a
    | carriage and attendants, retinue." (Chambers)
    |
    | As usual, Qed is far more articulate than you'd expect. Since he was
    | clearly employing the word in the third of its meanings, he's not even
    | archaic on this occasion!
    |
    | patrickp
    |
    | - take five to email me

    Unfortunately Qed's "equipage" are not of his employ... Rather they are
    attendants employed by the state, charged with keeping him clad in his
    white, sleeveless "after dinner" jacket.

    And the "carriage" you refer to is, indeed, very well padded.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 12, 2004

  2. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    Bill Drake wrote:

    | But it is, Jef -- But it is...
    |
    | <ominous music swells in background>
    |

    | (After all, this newsgroup *is* noted for its
    | Cecil B. Demille production characteristics..)
    |

    | <smirk>, <double-smirk> _and_ <triple-smirk>
    |

    | Bill

    Bill -

    I don't need to stinking "support" to share my exploits playing with farm
    animals. This group's all about braggarts rights.... The "computer stuff"
    is just an off-topic sideline posted by the geeks, isn't it?

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 12, 2004

  3. New Question

    TomG Guest

    I thought the dinner jacket had extra long sleeves that had special "cuffs"!

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jun 12, 2004
  4. New Question

    patrickp Guest

    He was referring to Tom's equipage: i.e. you, Jef, after Tom said this
    about you: "You are the most reliable compatriot and can be counted
    upon in the toughest of times! Carry on, man!"

    Clearly, Tom thinks of you as being in his "equipage."

    Quod erat demonstrandum...

    ;-)))))

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Jun 12, 2004
  5. New Question

    patrickp Guest

    Why, thank you, Mr Qed, sir.

    I'm under the impression that you're one of those American chappies.
    May I say that it's a pleasure to see one of our transatlantic friends
    taking such an interest in the English language wot is my mother
    tongue...

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Jun 12, 2004
  6. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    My bad. Yours is a far better description.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 12, 2004
  7. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    patrickp wrote:

    | He was referring to Tom's equipage: i.e. you, Jef, after Tom said this
    | about you: "You are the most reliable compatriot and can be counted
    | upon in the toughest of times! Carry on, man!"
    |
    | Clearly, Tom thinks of you as being in his "equipage."
    |
    | Quod erat demonstrandum...
    |
    | ;-)))))
    |
    | patrickp
    |
    | - take five to email me

    With some of the accusations and flames we've had here, I think Tom would be
    quite offended if I were to be found "in his equipage"... ;-)

    He is a happily married husband and father. And Humpin Bois, the missus,
    certainly doesn't look like the type to share her stud-muffin.

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/mickeyears.jpg

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 12, 2004
  8. New Question

    patrickp Guest

    Ah, but "equipage" in this sense is "a carriage and attendants,
    retinue." Nothing to do with _that_ sort of relationship at all - or
    not necessarily. Perhaps one might say you're on his team...

    Is it really possible to offend Tom, then?

    And please don't spoonerise "stud-muffin."

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Jun 12, 2004
  9. New Question

    Bill Drake Guest

    And don't you think "braggart's rights" are *intimately* associated
    with Cecil B. Demille production characteristics?

    <music swells again to *another* ominous crescendo>

    <dangerously close to a quad-smirk>

    Bill

    Bill Drake, Jun 12, 2004
  10. New Question

    TomG Guest

    uh, NOT! no one serves in that capacity...

    TomG, Jun 13, 2004
  11. New Question

    TomG Guest

    LOL!

    TomG, Jun 13, 2004
  12. New Question

    TomG Guest

    it takes a bit but, yes, I can be offended... not being invited to the Qed
    pit, having someone make a martini and not offer me one or making me a
    martini but not putting a jalapeno olive in... those are a few ways...

    TomG, Jun 13, 2004
  13. you keep your pen away from me!

    ROTFLMAO!

    Gosh, do I LOVE this NG...

    :)

    Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Jun 13, 2004
  14. New Question

    TomG Guest

    he-he...

    TomG, Jun 13, 2004
  15. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    You all a-twitter now because of the possibility that Qed will get ink from
    his Sharpie all over you?

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 13, 2004
  16. New Question

    TomG Guest

    oh my GAWD! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    TomG, Jun 13, 2004
  17. New Question

    patrickp Guest

    That what Qed sed

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Jun 13, 2004
  18. New Question

    Jef Norton Guest

    Such a strong protest for a simple felt-tip pen. Where would your head have
    been if it were something more provocative?

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 14, 2004
  19. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    Huh????

    Since 'when' does a "stud_muffin" qualify as a TomG stud_muppet ???

    Sheesh!!!

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jun 14, 2004
  20. New Question

    0_Qed Guest

    Oops!!!

    You're 'on' ...

    An 'invite' to Brie and Chablis at the (re)opening of the newly
    (re)decorated Pit.

    Gin of the =finest= quality ...
    .. made in our very own Men's Room bath tub -
    Olives of the =finest= quality= ...
    .. 'mountain' olives as only a sheepie can make `em
    Vermouth 'waved' over the shaker -
    .. as is the Pit tradition ...
    and ... OF COURSE ...
    clean glasses -
    .. leaded crystal & "stemmed" accordingly.

    The 'haute coture' of Martoonis.

    Consider "this" to be your Invitation ...
    less the linen paper & gold gilt.

    At your 'Service' ,
    but NOT in your "Service" ,
    Qed.

    PS- Golden Martini Watersports 'action' every Friday Nite at The Pit.

    0_Qed, Jun 14, 2004