    I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
    geForce 5900 ?

    Thank you,

    Luke Piasecki, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Luke Piasecki

    Steven K Guest

    As far as I know the older drivers are Detonators and starting with version
    6x.xx renamed to Forceware - pure cosmetically!

    Steven K, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Luke Piasecki

    CapFusion Guest

    61.77 driver from nVidia should able to work with FX5900 model.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Sep 27, 2004
  4. CapFusion, please read my post again :).
    I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version of
    the driver that will work with the card.

    Luke Piasecki, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Luke Piasecki

    Steven K Guest

    61.77 is the latest official driver!

    Steven K, Sep 28, 2004
  6. Luke Piasecki

    CapFusion Guest

    Then I do not fully understand your question. The latest nVidia driver
    publicly is 61.77.
    In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not for
    the public.

    So, let start again.
    You ask what work for FX5900. My answer was 61.77 as the latest version.
    Next, you ask what the latest version will work for FX5900. My answer is
    61.77 is the latest version will work for FX5900.

    I think you should read your own post and my reply to your post.
    It seem like "a dog trying to catch it own tail" senerio here.
    Or you want me to tell you the unrelease [non public] version to see if
    FX5900 [the card] will work or not?
    Or you can also try goto Guru3D for ForceWare driver -
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
    This site will have like 66.10 for Windows2kXP [BETA].

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Sep 28, 2004
  7. Luke Piasecki

    JS Guest

    I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
    The detonator drivers are for video cards.

    JS, Sep 28, 2004
  8. Luke Piasecki

    Kill Bill Guest

    Nope, they call those Forceware too.

    Kill Bill, Sep 28, 2004
  9. 61.77 driver from nVidia should able to work with FX5900 model.
    All the drivers should work with all TNT/GForce cards. They are unified after
    all.

    ThE AnArKrIsT, Oct 4, 2004
  10. In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not for
    So OEM hardware isn't for the public? Who exactly is it for then? The Secret
    Society?

    ThE AnArKrIsT, Oct 4, 2004
  11. I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
    Then you thought wrong.

    ThE AnArKrIsT, Oct 4, 2004
  12. Luke Piasecki

    CapFusion Guest

    In your case - "The Secret Society?" .. yes [aka Manufacturer / OEM etc.]..
    The only public driver for end-user is from this downoad site -
    Or unless you know the backdoor to nVidia.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Oct 4, 2004
  13. The video card drivers are called Detonator, they useed to be called
    Forceware but recently changed names. The mobo drivers are at the same page
    but unfer the heading Platform/nForce Drivers.

    John Lynch, Jr., Oct 6, 2004
  14. The video card drivers are called Detonator, they useed to be called
    Actually it's the other way around.

    ThE AnArKrIsT, Oct 6, 2004