    Newbie Guest

    Now that G5 imacs have arrived, are older G4 versions available
    anywhere on the proverbial fire sale? Thanks for any pointers.

    Newbie, Oct 26, 2004

  2. They're not hard to find online-- however it seems there's still enough
    demand that you're unlikely to find "fire sale" prices on them.

    Tom Harrington, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Newbie

    Jeff Wechter Guest

    I think they're very hard to find. Where are you finding
    them in stock?

    Jeff

    Jeff Wechter, Oct 27, 2004
  4. One of my least favorite online merchants has G4 iMacs, et al, in
    inventory:

    <http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?lucky=1&TID=ELESTORE20041013&II
    D=ELEMIDOASIS:LINK1&SEC_IID=4917&SEC_IID=4944&PAGE=endeca&N=500047+1012&
    keywords=apple>

    I have no idea if these prices are good or not. Just providing a link
    to a merchant with inventory.

    John Steinberg, Oct 27, 2004
  5. The places where I'd been seeing new ones seem to have sold out. At
    <http://www.powermax.com/> there are some used ones available.

    Tom Harrington, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Newbie

    Jeff Wechter Guest

    Thanks for the link. This is the only place I've found that
    claims they have some. The outlets that get oft mentioned in
    these groups don't have stock.

    I couldn't find a phone number for Overstock, but I'm gonna
    guess they might not really have them either -- although I
    really don't know or care.

    The page sez:

    Limited Inventory!
    Sell out Risk: MODERATE
    In stock. This product normally leaves our warehouse
    within 1 to 2 business days.

    and also:

    Customers who bought this item often buy...

    London Fog Sterling Edition 4-piece Luggage Set - Red

    Dell Latitiude 1.0GHz Notebook with 512MB of RAM

    So based on availability elsewhere, I'd guess this is just
    an outdated catalog page to garner traffic.

    Jeff

    Jeff Wechter, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Go to www.lowendmac.com and they have a page with best recent G4 deals
    that is regularly updated.