    Mobile XP's. I run Wcpuid and in the extended info it says they are multi
    processor capable. None of my other 8 AMD cpu's say this. Is this a fluke in
    Wcpuid or are they truely MP enabled cpu's?

    SPS 700, Nov 24, 2003

  2. SPS 700

    Lost Guest

    I have read before of MPs being sold as XPs, or of Bioses misidentifying XPs as
    MPs. It probably isn't worth worrying about if everything works fine.

    Lost, Nov 26, 2003

  3. SPS 700

    B Guest

    The bios probably says they are MPs because your bios is either not
    detecting the CPU correctly, or the bus speed or another setting is not
    setup correctly. Can you give us more system info to include make and model
    of the motherboard? Also what type of memory are you using, etc.

    regards

    B, Nov 26, 2003
  4. SPS 700

    SPS 700 Guest

    When I put in one of my other XP CPU's or my Duron in the motherboard it
    recognises them as Xp's or the Duron as a Duron. The motherboard is a ASRock
    K7VM2. I am using pc 133 SDRAM.

    SPS 700, Nov 28, 2003
  5. SPS 700

    B Guest

    Sounds like a bios configuration problem. Contact the motherboard
    manufacturer or set the ratio yourself manually.

    regards

    B, Nov 30, 2003