    like that, so perhaps my heating issues will less than some others. I
    haven't opened the box yet so I can still change my mind.

    - Magnusfarce

    Magnusfarce, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Magnusfarce

    Eric Parker Guest

    Magnusfarce

    I've built and am responsible for 8 shuttles (7 * SN41G2 + 1 * SN95G5).
    I let them run seti which keeps under load.
    CPUs sit around 48c.
    They do not overheat and have been reliable.

    eric

    Eric Parker, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Magnusfarce

    Conor Guest

    Non at all. They can be a bit flakey if you put cheap shit memory in
    but if you use decent branded memory it is OK.

    I'm using a SN45GV2 with Athlon XP2500 o/c to 3200, 1GB RAM, Radeon
    9800SE AIW and its on 10-12 hours a day.

    Conor, Nov 23, 2004
  4. Magnusfarce

    W Klofkorn Guest

    I've had three Shuttles over the past two years. One is now dead for unknown
    reasons. I don't think overheating had much to do with it as my impression
    is that the cooling system works quite well. Suddenly I just lost EIDE
    connectivity and my DVD-RW wouldn't work any more. Swapping parts revealed
    that it wasn't the cable nor the drive. So, as far as I'm concerned, one of
    teh main problems with the Shuttle units is that one can't get a replacement
    motherboard unless you buy it second hand. I love my other two machines, but
    it kind of irritates me that I have a dead one upstairs in its old box. Just
    for reference the dead one is an SS51G.

    W Klofkorn, Dec 10, 2004