    I told him to just buy a 8500gt or 8600 but he wanted to have 2 8400gs ,
    he's not installed them yet , as i said i'm not sure based on the lack of it
    been mentioned on xfx website if they are SLI ready

    Dave T, Aug 5, 2007

  2. Dave T

    Bill Guest

    According to Nvidia "1 NVIDIA SLI Technology is not
    available on GeForce 8400 GPUs."

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8400_tech_specs.html

    What's he looking for, the worlds slowest SLI setup?

    Bill

    Bill, Aug 5, 2007

  3. Dave T

    Dave T Guest

    Something like that , i guess its the worlds cheapest SLI setup

    Dave T, Aug 5, 2007
  4. Dave T

    Paul Guest

    Have him look at the charts here:

    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

    The 8400 is so low, it isn't even on the chart :)
    Twice nothing is... nothing.

    The advertising copy for one 8400GS, says 256MB on board,
    and 512MB total, which means it is using Turbocache and
    stealing some of main memory.

    A single card, with more texture memory, might be a better plan.

    This 8600GT is less than the price of two 8400GS. $110 (minus $10 rebate).

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127286

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 5, 2007