Are the features and specs of XFX and CreativeLabs versions of FX5950 the same ?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by envirographics, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Both cards look the same, trunking etc. But the XFX is selling for £30
    less than the CLabs in the same natinonal pc source.
    On the sellers site, the XFX spec differs to the Clabs spec in that
    XFX also appears to have multiple monitor support, OpenGL, it says
    type Video capture adapter and lower down and different to the CLabs
    additionaly it has 1 x DVI-I 29pin combined DVI. However Clabs has
    256Mb DDR SDRAM whilst it just says XFX has 256Mb integrated.

    Trouble is, are these specs typed out by two different people ?

    Another website mentions in a spec for the XFX a VIP 1.1 interface
    support for video-in function so it confirms that. Also Msoft Video
    Mixing Renderer (VMR) support for multiple video windows so confirms
    I dont see any of this on Creative Labs website spec sheet.
    Surely they would go for multiple monitor support and match the specs,
    or is it that their card is better with ddr ram and the XFX in other
    areas is 'watered down' ?

    Do I pay less for XFX and get more ?

    Steve

    envirographics, Jan 28, 2004

  2. envirographics

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    Creative Labs may also bundle other software, besides the drivers.

    Both may support multi-monitors. Both use the DDR type RAM becuase the FX
    5950 requires it (their specs may be out of date).

    Y.

    Yves Leclerc, Jan 29, 2004