  1. outlaw

    outlaw Guest

    are there motherboards for the AMD64 that supor DDR-333 pc-2700 ram?

    outlaw, Sep 14, 2004

  2. outlaw

    James Guest

    Almost every AMD64 board i've seen has memory settings of 400/333/266

    And DDR-333 is PC3200, DDR-266 is PC2700....
    So which ever version you have, 90% of the boards will take it... find
    one you like the look of, then take a look at their website to find
    the technical details

    James, Sep 14, 2004

  3. outlaw

    Dave Guest

    DDR-400 is PC3200, DDR-333 is PC2700, and DDR-266 is PC2100

    Dave, Sep 14, 2004
  4. outlaw

    outlaw Guest

    Do the socket 939 suport DDR-333 pc-2700 ram?

    outlaw, Sep 14, 2004
  5. outlaw

    James Guest

    Yep, i've no idea where i had that flash of inspiration from...
    probably too early in the morning and not enough coffee.

    Have you tried looking at some online shops and seeing what the
    motherboards you are after say? Most have in a nice and handy list
    what memory they support and if not.

    James, Sep 15, 2004
  6. outlaw

    zixaq Guest

    I'd be amazed if any of the boards weren't backwards compatible at
    least to DDR-333. The real question is, if you're building a 64-bit
    system, why would you want to run pc2700??? (ESPECIALLY if you're
    using a socket 939 chip)

    zixaq, Sep 16, 2004