    circles.

    Regards,

    Craig.

    Craig Ian Dewick, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Craig Ian Dewick

    Paul Booth Guest

    For x86, yes:

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/components/views/networking.html

    e.g. Netgear MA410 (which is a prism based card so you might be able to
    get equivalent models working).

    There are 3rd party solutions available for Solaris on SPARC, but I'm not
    aware of any directly supported models. You could, of course, use a
    wireless bridge.

    Paul.

    Paul Booth, Oct 26, 2003

  3. I've seen reference to the lynnsoft.com device drivers which support
    PLX-9052 based PCI adaptors for PCMCIA wireless cards, but there doesn't
    appear to be anything which directly supports common PCI 802.11b cards (as
    opposed to PCI to PCMCIA bridge based 802.11b cards).

    However, if using a PCI to PCMCIA bridge adaptor card works, then that could
    well be a very suitable way to go. Using native PCI 802.11b cards would be
    much better though.

    Regards,

    Craig.

    The One4Sun - GWS, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Transtec sells Sparc laptops with wireless installed and working:

    http://www.transtec.ch/ch/f/shop/sy...rcle.php?sid=059c14031e1dac2755793b05c569f1d2

    The same is true for Tadpole:

    http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/html/products/mobile/sparcle/

    The last one seems to be based on GLDv2 (what is this?):

    http://www.netsys.com/cgi-bin/solaris29?ipw(7d)

    But I don't know what are the drivers they are using ...

    --
    Krassimir TODOROV

    Krassimir TODOROV | Voice: + 41 (21) 693 22 41
    Resp. Sun & Tru64 Compaq Support, SII |
    Service Informatique Central, MA CO 644 |
    Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne | Fax: + 41 (21) 693 22 20
    (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) |
    CP 121 - 1015 Lausanne | E-Mail:
    SWITZERLAND |

    Krassimir TODOROV, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Craig Ian Dewick

    Pete Young Guest

    Make sure you get the D-Link DWL-520 rather than the DWL 520+ . Dlink
    switched from the Prism chipset to some unidenfied Broadcom chipset
    in the '+' version, which isn't supported at all at Linux. I gather
    that they've subsequently switched again and I've lost track of
    whether the current chipset has any support or not!

    LinkSys are just as bad in this regard, the current WMP11 doesn't
    have a prism chipset (and at least D-Link had the decency to tag a
    '+' onto the model name, LinkSys kept theirs unchanged).

    Regards,

    Pete

    Pete Young, Oct 28, 2003