    DDC Guest

    Are there any mother board that is like the a8v dx k8t890 from other
    manufacturers.

    DDC, Nov 29, 2005

  2. DDC

    dino Guest

    dino, Nov 29, 2005

  3. DDC

    DDC Guest

    DDC, Nov 29, 2005
  4. DDC

    stratus46 Guest

    stratus46, Nov 29, 2005
  5. DDC

    J. Clarke Guest

    That's an nforce3, not nforce4.
    What does PCI-X have to do with the discussion?

    J. Clarke, Nov 29, 2005
  6. DDC

    J. Clarke Guest

    In what way do you want this board to be "like" the a8v dx k8t890? Do you
    want the same form factor, same chipset, same processor socket, same I/O
    ports, same color connectors or what?

    J. Clarke, Nov 29, 2005
  7. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Well, we might have a hit here... with the GA-K8NSC-939 witch is close
    from what you said and what's available near... here.

    And what do you people think about this one it's from MSI K8N Neo2-F a
    939 socket with an agp slot... Is it a cheap board or expensive...
    Here i can't find any???

    DDC, Nov 29, 2005
  8. DDC

    dino Guest

    that is what I am running and I like it...got mine from tigerdirect..only
    place I could find it... built a system based on the A8V deluxe for a friend
    not long ago..but I like the MSI better.

    dino, Nov 29, 2005
  9. DDC

    DDC Guest

    So you've build a system with the A8v dx and you like the msi board
    the kn8 neo2-f nf3 s939

    Witch one of the two your running please and is it stable and witch
    cpu your running it...

    TY

    DDC, Nov 29, 2005
  10. DDC

    dino Guest

    I am running the MSI K8N-Neo2-F
    AMD A64-3700 San Diego
    Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu cooler
    Corsair TwinX1024-PC3200C2PT(2x512)
    ATI X800XL-256 AGP
    2 Max's SATA in RAID0
    Enermax 465 FM PSU
    it was extremely stable until I overclocked it to 230x11..I corrupted my
    hard drives and need to reformat. I was using SATA ports 1&2 which are not
    locked...apparently ports 3&4 are.
    I have now went back to stock speeds and it has leveled out nicely and is
    alright.I need to reformat and move my drives to ports 3&4 though so I can
    try again. I am pleased with the performance and the options that are
    available..you can combine your drives SATA and IDE to form your RAID array.
    I am using my Audigy 2ZS as oppossed to the onboard sound( carry over from
    old system) only for the fact that I want the firewire for my Sony DV
    camera. Any grief I have due to instability was my lack of knowledge of this
    board for overclocking..my Asus A7N8X-Deluxe Rev 2.0 I knew inside out and
    just assumed this wasn't that much different.The CPU I am using I bought for
    the 1 meg cache, it is akin to the 4000 and the FX series CPU's,plus it was
    onsale.

    dino, Nov 29, 2005
  11. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Waow it looks like very cool. And could you tell me what decide you on
    the purchase of a san Diego core VS a venice core... are there any
    venice core at 3700.

    And also, does the oem version did it cost much less than the retail
    version. I ask that because i want to get a zalman 7000 ulcu led fan
    intead of the retail fan version.

    DDC, Nov 30, 2005
  12. DDC

    stratus46 Guest

    Well John, DDC's original post was about liking the Asus board but it
    uses PCI-X with the VIA chipset. I looked up the Abit and another board
    with that chipset and all use PCI-X, no AGP. SO PCI-X seemed to me to
    BE the point of the post. The OP wants a board with presumably Athlon
    64 socket 939 and AGP -- at least the 2 examples offered used the AMD.
    The Gigabyte board seems to have good bells and whistles and may be
    what the OP wants. Thats all.

    GG

    stratus46, Nov 30, 2005
  13. DDC

    dino Guest

    the main reason for the CPU was it is basically a baby FX chip..only the
    3700,4000 and FX have this style of cache,the closest Venice core is the
    3800. No this was not an OEM version, but a retail..I figured I would just
    eat the cost of the fan. The memory controller might actually be better in
    the Venice 3500 due to the fact I see some benchmarks that are better than
    my 3700, the only way I seem to be able to outperform it is to clock this up
    to FX51 or FX53 specs. But saying that..this is still no slouch.Do not be
    sacred by the way the Zalman coolers mount..have read of where some say it
    is a horror story to mount, anyone with basic knowledge of a screwdriver can
    mount one, just undo the stock mounting plate,place the Zalman one in place
    and use the nut towers to retain...simple. But make sure you do that first
    before mounting board in case..other than that you have to take it out. The
    gigabyte version is supposedly good too
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1337301&CatId=1746
    but I wanted 4 SATA ports and the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum received top awards
    so I figured the F version can't be much different.

    dino, Nov 30, 2005
  14. DDC

    J. Clarke Guest

    ????? What ASUS board was that? I thought he was talking about the A8V DX
    K8T890, which does _not_ have PCI-X.

    Or are you laboring under the misconception that PCI Express is the same as
    PCI-X? If so, here's a board that has both

    J. Clarke, Nov 30, 2005
  15. DDC

    DDC Guest

    I'm soory but it's mu mistake. yes there is a a8v dx witch i refer to
    for other brand just to see if there is other product that cost less
    than the asus product. I a second though if you go on the asus web
    site the a8v-(E) deluxe has a pci-e slot. But the tread is 64bit board
    with an agp slot. So the k8t890 is an error it's te shipset VIA
    K8T800Pro that i'm referring to... it just the wrong number damn
    asus... lol

    So to get it clear i want a board that has all the thing the asus VIA
    K8T800Pro (a8v DX) has for less i know that there is a lot of smaller
    manufacturer that are pretty much close from what's asus do so why
    spend too much on a brand name...

    DDC, Nov 30, 2005
  16. DDC

    J. Clarke Guest

    "tread"? I don't understand--I'm sure it's a typographical error but
    nothing I try to put there makes any sense except "trend" and if so the
    trend is PCI Express--AGP is on the way out.
    If you want the exact same feature set then that is the only board on the
    market that has it. So, what specific things that that board has do you
    want the alternative board to have and which ones can you do without? For
    example, it has a Promise chip to provide additional ATA and SATA
    channels--do you need that? It has Firewire--do you need that? It has
    optical SPDIF out in addition to coax--do you need that? Does it
    absolutely have to have a K8T800 chipset and not an Nforce3 or ULI or one
    of the others?

    J. Clarke, Nov 30, 2005
  17. DDC

    DDC Guest

    change that for: subject of the message... i was referring to the
    discution here for a mother board with a s939 with an agp slot... i
    think there is a few word that have been erase ....

    I need a board... a board that has an AGP slot and has the ability to
    receive a s939. i want a raid system, and a good audio integreted
    system.

    DDC, Nov 30, 2005
  18. DDC

    stratus46 Guest

    Yes sir, I was laboring under that misconception. Sorry 'bout that and
    thanks for the heads up.

    GG

    stratus46, Nov 30, 2005
  19. DDC

    J. Clarke Guest

    If you go to <http://www.newegg.com>, and pick "Computer Hardware" off the
    list on the left, then "motherboards" then "AMD compatible motherboards"
    you'll get to a search block that lets you plug in the characteristics you
    want. This will give you a list of models to look at. There may be
    others, if so, reading the descriptions on the ones that Newegg lists will
    give you the keywords you need to find them using froogle or whatever you
    prefer.

    Prices on the boards that Newegg carries that have Socket 939, RAID, AGP,
    and audio similar to the A8V K8T800 range from $60 or so up to about $120.
    They also have "refurbished" OEM A8V DX K8T800s for $63.

    J. Clarke, Dec 1, 2005