    worth the risk.

    Where are you currently on Epox?
    Dave

    DaveH, Jan 11, 2007

  2. DaveH

    Chris Hill Guest

    Fairly okay. I wish ep9npa+ultra didn't forget its bios settings
    every once in a while, but I'm still using it. Boards from your era
    often had bad caps, that's just part of the deal.

    Chris Hill, Jan 12, 2007

  3. DaveH

    dave Guest

    Try replacing the $2 cmos battery.

    DaveL

    dave, Jan 12, 2007
  4. DaveH

    Chris Hill Guest

    Since I have a dozen of them on the shelf, that would be the easy fix.
    Unfortunately it makes no difference to the random problem I
    experience with this board. Oh well, at least it got over
    forgetting it had ram; it used to do that all the time during my first
    six months of ownership.

    Chris Hill, Jan 13, 2007
  5. DaveH

    DaveH Guest

    Try replacing the $2 cmos battery.
    That's encouraging.
    Dave H

    DaveH, Jan 13, 2007
  6. DaveH

    CM Guest

    How old is your power supply?..I remember having this same problem with a
    different motherboard.it would lose it's bios settings.I remember reading
    that I was not the only one having the problem and changing out the power
    supply would fix the problem...it did.

    CM, Jan 14, 2007
  7. DaveH

    Chris Hill Guest

    Brand new Antec Trupower 450 with this build. May be a piece of junk
    for all I know, but it wasn't a cheap piece of junk, at least

    Chris Hill, Jan 14, 2007
  8. DaveH

    CM Guest

    That sure sounds like you just got a flaky motherboard.

    CM, Jan 14, 2007
  9. DaveH

    techview Guest

    *Oh, a motherboard with ALTZIEMERS...