Are you tired of paying outrageous prices for tech support calls that gets you nowhere except more f

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by lifestylelink, Aug 12, 2006.

  1. What brand computer are you using? dell? Gateway? HP? Apple? If you
    have problem with your computer, who do you call? If you have a problem
    with software, peripherals, gadgets, who do you call?

    Extract from WSJ -

    When Linda Schultz of Cambridge, Minn., couldn't open Microsoft Word on
    her new $1,400 Dell PC, she called Dell's tech-support line. After
    being on hold 45 minutes, she says, a Dell Computer agent told her it
    was AOL's fault. After another hold, AOL told her it was Dell's fault.

    So began a two-month ordeal, as Ms. Schultz tried to get her computer
    running. Each of her roughly 15 calls to Dell customer service involved
    a 30- to 45-minute wait, she says. Along the way, she threw the phone,
    threw a mop and stabbed a chair with a fork: "I aged 10 years," she
    says. Dell says it is making changes to improve caller "hold times,"
    which have shrunk in recent months. AOL says roughly half of incoming
    customer-service calls are unrelated to its products and services, but
    it nonetheless tries to help.

    The new services say they can avoid some of the confusion. "We'll
    support your Gateway talking to your Compaq talking to your scanner
    talking to your digital camera," says Stan Sams, who oversees tech
    support at Juvio, which launched in April. - By JANE SPENCER
    Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

    Juvio is a good tech support company, I've tried. They support all
    brands, all tech calls. The only thing their technician do not do, is
    they do not teach. But you can opt to purchase their computer
    education CDs.

    When you think of computer tech support and education, think Juvio!
    http://lifestylelink.juvio.com

    lifestylelink, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Too bad she didn't know about Usenet or web-based help forums.

    In <> stated

    Joan F \(MI\), Aug 12, 2006