ARM 32 bit single board computer recommendations? Need Flash,ethernet A/D and D/A

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by fred, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. fred

    fred Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a project coming up where I need to do some datalogging,
    calculations and control output. I need a board that has:

    Pref. ARM 32 bit CPU
    Flash memory, pref. using SD card
    Ethernet
    RS-485
    At least 4 A/D channels
    2 D/A channels
    At least 4 digital I/O channel
    Onboard counter to read upto 300Hz RPM signal
    Supports an RTOS
    Supports source level debugging
    Pref. supports GCC.
    Pref. has a prototype area

    Can anyone recommend a board that meets all or most of these
    requirements?

    Thanks,
    Fred

    fred, Jun 26, 2009

  2. fred

    ChrisQ Guest

    Hi,

    Other than the RS485, which you can easily do with a rs232 - rs485
    converter, you might find what you need in the Embest range. Chinese,
    cheap and cheerfull, wide range etc, but actually quite well made and
    just works.

    Have been using their stuff for a year or two now. If you want to do
    network based debugging, also have a look at their unetice - similar
    functionality and a fraction of the cost of the Abatron products. Am
    usng it here with gcc cross from Solaris 10 -> arm + insight and it's
    the closest iv'e found yet to an ideal development environment...

    Regards,

    Chris

    ChrisQ, Jun 27, 2009