    $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.

    Thanks,
    -anek

    Beamer, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Beamer

    Bill Knight Guest

    Bill Knight, Nov 12, 2004

  3. The Atmel AT91 ARM7 based EBxx boards will cost about $200-250 depending on
    versions.
    Should be avaialble from any decent Atmel distributor
    The Atmel AT91RM9200DK ARM9 board is more expensive so this will set you
    back $1500.
    Not in the right price region, so you can try the Cogent CSB337 with the
    same chip.
    This is I think in the right price range and has been quite popular in our
    region. www.cogcomp.com

    ..
    www.at91.com has list of some other AT91 boards, but I know little about
    them.

    If you can wait for some time, then I think www.liab.dk will have ARM9
    boards at half your price.
    They want to work w companies, and not homebrew though.

    The Fachhochschule Augsburg will have an open source design for the
    AT91RM9200 beginning of next year.
    http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~hhoegl/proj/comet/index.html

    Ulf Samuelsson, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Beamer

    Carsten Guest

    Carsten, Nov 12, 2004
  5. I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
    Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many
    pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Nov 12, 2004
  6. Beamer

    Beamer Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks everyone who has given good suggestions and recommendations. I
    appreciate it.

    To be more specific, I need the board to evaluate ARM 7 and ARM 9 CPU
    for designs involving telephony and video applications. It would be nice
    if the boards come with "expansion bus" (proprietary or not doesn't
    really that important at the moment). I would imagine that this
    expansion bus would allow for adding expansion cards that include
    audio/video codecs or things for other interesting applications.

    I plan to use the Chameleon POD for debugging/development with this new
    ARM 7/9 board too.

    Thanks,
    -anek

    Beamer, Nov 17, 2004