    Appreciate any suggetsions.

    Thanks,
    Abdul

    abduln, May 1, 2006

  2. The AT91SAM7X could be a good choice.

    johnny.karlsson, May 2, 2006

  3. abduln

    Richard Guest

    Nice processor, but no PHY.

    Regards,
    Richard.

    http://www.FreeRTOS.org
    *Now for ARM CORTEX M3!*

    Richard, May 2, 2006
  4. Has it to be an ARM, if not => ColdFire 5223x

    42Bastian Schick, May 2, 2006
  5. AT76C910 will do , but wont be available in low volume.
    You will not gain any board size, since you will need external memory.
    You will not gain any power consumption benefits (see above)
    You will not gain any price advantage, since the 910 is more expensive than
    the SAM7X.

    So why do you need the integration?
    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, May 2, 2006
  6. Is it the correct partnumber ? Can't find it on www.atmel.com.
    Or do I have to be a first tier customer ? :)

    42Bastian Schick, May 3, 2006
  7. Found it, it is at76C901.

    42Bastian Schick, May 3, 2006
  8. Yes, it is an ASSP and they are normally not on the web site.
    You need large volume to get it (50ku).

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, May 3, 2006
  9. No, That is a VoIP chip with WLAN.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, May 3, 2006
  10. abduln

    pbreed Guest

    pbreed, May 3, 2006
  11. abduln

    abduln Guest

    Thanks for all suggestions.

    CF5223x looks like a good chip. Reason for preferring ARM is GCC
    support and prior experience with the architecture. An integrated PHY
    has the obvious advantages of lower chip count, smaller PCB, and fewer
    failure points. Does GCC support ColdFire?

    Regards,
    Abdul

    abduln, May 5, 2006
  12. of course
    simply google for coldfire+gcc
    you will be surprised.
    Heinz

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Heinz=2DJ=FCrgen?= Oertel, May 5, 2006
  13. abduln

    David Brown Guest

    He shouldn't be too surprised - after all, the original gcc target was
    the 68k family. The ColdFire is also the original target for ucLinux
    (although it is not suitable for small integrated devices like the
    CF5223x), even though the Arm port is probably more popular these days.

    David Brown, May 8, 2006