ARM926ej s context save and restore, Trying to power off arm after saving context and restoring it b

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Deva, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Deva

    Deva Guest

    Hi,

    In ARM926EJ-S,

    step1 - save arm context (registers, CP15 register set, banked
    registers) to external memory
    step2 - power down (on WFI - MPU ss is powered down)
    step3 - power on and start restoring the context so to continue from
    where you entered step1.

    in step3, while restoring CP15 context,
    coprocessor control register is configured last.
    (after restoring TTBR, and all other settings).

    But as and when MMU bit is enabled at C1 register, memory accesses
    were corrupted..

    How this can be avoided?

    Apart from blind restore of copied value of coprocessor control
    register (restoring all fields at a time), is some other sequence
    required??

    Thanks for the help.

    -Deva

    Deva, Aug 30, 2007