Artificial Lifeform took over control of Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 !

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Skybuck Flying, May 25, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    The weirdest thing just happened:

    I was hosting a civilization 3 conquest game.

    I went away to go prepare for dinner.

    I came back and the computer frooze, it was hanging so it seemed.

    The mouse did not respond.

    I have seen this freezing before so I thought no big deal, must be a bug
    again.

    So I reset the system.

    The bios/boot screen does not come up, the computer is hanging and doesn't
    boot.

    Ok now I get a bit a worried... I think hmm... must be a bug again... I am
    using a beta bios afterall...

    So I reset the computer again. But this time it again does not boot and
    hangs again. No input signal for monitor.

    I am getting a little bit more worried. I am thinking ok, the bios must be
    hanging... I'll just turn off the power and then everything must have been
    reset and it will be ok.

    So I hold the power button for x seconds and the power goes off... I think
    to myself ok no problem... so I wait a few seconds... turn on the power
    again.

    And all fans spinning at full speed and the computer is still not booting...
    no boot screen... no input signal... no nothing.

    Ok now I am getting really worried... I repeat the resets and reboots/power
    off stuff... and no nothing.

    I amazed... I am thinking oh my god... my computer is only one year old...
    and already died ? ****.... what am I gonna do now..

    (Oh my god as I write this a gigant spider on the wall... I am being invaded
    by all kinds of creatures at the moment/this day... gotta kill it :) god
    damn, that was one messy nasty spider
    big shit on wall... spider must have been attracted by all the light I had
    one a while ago at night inspecting my pc oh well, on with the story...
    after I cleanup the mess on the wall :) ok mess cleaned up while it was
    fresh even if it wasn't easy to clean up spider blood/stuff :) )

    Anyway on with the story... I was like shittttt... now I first of all gotta
    bitch on the internet/usenet... and second of all how do I find out what
    died ? could be cpu or motherboard or even something else...

    I was thinking:

    Maybe hackers killed my bios.... I saw somebody just a few days ago that
    told me such a story once... scare stuff... the coincidence BAD !

    Anyway.... I thought maybe the power surge damaged something... or bad
    capacitators... or maybe heat... all kinds of possibilities.

    So I decided I was way to hungy to care now... I decided to go eat first and
    such.

    Then I walked back to the computer for another inspection... and I saw the
    cable modem light was burning... the orange light... it was blinking,
    meaning it was sending and receiving stuff...

    I was like that's odd... I was like wtf... that's almost impossible... my
    computer is off... how can their be activity ? Only the internet provider
    can make activity on the cable modem while it's off so I thought...

    Then I knew this is strange....

    So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
    blinking !!!

    I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
    ?!?!?!?!

    I am thinking... oh-oh... something must have taken control of the network
    chip... I am like shiiitt... no way motherfuckers !!!

    NOBODY takes control of my PC !!! NO SIR BOB !!!!!

    So I immediatly PULL THE PLUG !!!

    And bam... no more network activity.

    That was scary shit...

    Ofcourse it was probably just a bug which made my network chip go haywire..

    But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
    network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that found a
    hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network chip... and
    started spreading itself across the internet.

    So who knows what the thruth is.... the thruth could be... that now an
    artificial lifeform is spreading itself across the world... it might have
    found other network chips that it can infect... if so... more and more
    people will start seeing their computers freeeezzee... else it will just die
    out.

    So the terminator 2 scenerio is pretty realistic so I believe.

    Let that be a warning to future people !

    Be ware of the internet and the network chips and any other chips or
    software... life could spontanously occur... fucking you over big time !!!!
    =D

    So therefore the sentianolistical topic... =D

    I don't care what you believe, if you don't like then you can go ****
    yourself ! YEAH that's right..

    I however found it an interesting and amazing experience... which got my
    fantasy going... and was pretty scary...

    So there you have folks...

    BEWAREEEE ;)

    Fortunately... now my computer is working again... I knew it would work
    again... as soon as I pulled the plug...

    So far ASUS RULES yeaaaaahhhh and NVIDIA tooo yeaaaaahhh and AMD tooo
    yeaaaah.

    MY PC STILL WORKING WIEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH.

    DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls
    !!!! ;;;;;;;;;:p********

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 25, 2007

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Eeyore Guest

    Because it's not off.

    The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

    Graham

    Eeyore, May 25, 2007

  3. Skybuck Flying

    peter Guest

    Quick or they'll really get you
    peter

    peter, May 25, 2007
  4. The cause is that black van with tinted windows parked out the front
    of your place, take a look. If the van has disappeared then they are
    almost certainly in the place next door to you. Go knock on the door
    and find out, just make sure you don't stare into any red lights.

    I'd recommend you wear a tin-foil hat for protection in the future.

    Dave.

    David L. Jones, May 25, 2007
  5. Can I have a hit of whatever it is you're taking? Sounds like fun!

    Thanks!
    RIch

    Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie, May 25, 2007
  6. Skybuck Flying

    D from BC Guest

    I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
    lan" feature...
    For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
    So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
    standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
    (plugged in)....dunno..
    D from BC

    D from BC, May 25, 2007
  7. Skybuck Flying

    D from BC Guest

    Fun..but I think it's causing learning disabilities.. :p
    D from BC

    D from BC, May 25, 2007
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Eeyore Guest

    I just checked a 400W ATX psu I have kicking around.

    The 5V standby on that is good for 2.5 A. It powers stuff like any LAN cards and
    also the keyboard for wake-up / power-on. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any
    reliable standard for the keyboard power keys so my current one only powers off -
    not on !

    Graham

    Eeyore, May 25, 2007
  9. Hmm happened again just yet.

    Some more possibilities:

    1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.

    2. Internet Explorer IE 7 freezes system if only 8 MB of temporarely
    space/setting.

    (I have increased it to 100 MB just in case ;))

    Bye,
    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 25, 2007
  10. Skybuck Flying

    Eeyore Guest

    Oh right, sure ! You're an idiot !

    If you're going to run a beta version of a bios, then expect problems !

    Graham

    Eeyore, May 25, 2007
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    You posting garbage in here
    So switch off your pc at the power plug, give it a minute and then restart
    it.

    Becuase your didn't do a power off.

    Moronbuck you have an on /off switch at the back of the power supply
    switching on and off at the front won't help.

    switch off at the back wait one minute. Switch back on then power switch on
    your front case. If no bios display then reset cmos or try INS held down to
    reset

    Pester the newsgroups while fantasizing about moronbucks 2008 dream pc
    Why don't you do a course in computer hardware basics?
    Cuckoo land
    IS that what it does?????

    Switching pc off at the front, power is still supplied. Gee hope you know
    that before mucking around inside the case..

    uh huh
    Suggest you stop smoking it.

    uh huhhhhhhhhh

    They know where u live

    Someone call a doctor...

    Craig Sutton, May 25, 2007
  12. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Moronbuck so look event viewer see what it says.

    Craig Sutton, May 25, 2007
  13. Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie, May 25, 2007
  14. Skybuck Flying

    Rich Grise Guest

    I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
    lan" feature...
    For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
    So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
    standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
    (plugged in)....dunno..[/QUOTE]

    I've seen LAN adapters' LED light up even when the computer's off!
    Apparently, in those cases, it just indicates "there's something plugged
    in here".

    Cheers!
    Rich

    Rich Grise, May 25, 2007
  15. Skybuck Flying

    Folk Guest

    All the cool kids have kill-filtered this troll.

    Folk, May 25, 2007
  16. Skybuck Flying

    redbelly Guest

    You misspelled "unfortunately".

    redbelly, May 26, 2007
  17. Skybuck Flying

    Winfield Guest

    Right. I have several comments. It's not unusual
    for some computers to become "stuck" in such a
    fashion that a full-fledged power cycle is required.
    If you have an older PC power supply with an honest
    ON/OFF switch on the back you can cycle that switch,
    otherwise you'll have to pull the cord. Second, I've
    observed that lots of ethernet-enabled devices keep
    their interface running, including the activity LEDs,
    when the power is officially turned off, and you'd
    imagine the machine is in fact OFF. Some examples
    are network printers, laptop computers, etc. They
    may be capable of running certain "wake-on-network"
    commands, etc. Who can say, they didn't tell us.
    No doubt some type of subterfuge is involved. :)

    Winfield, May 26, 2007
  18. Skybuck Flying

    Norm Guest

    Take your meds. Seriously.

    Geez, wonder why ?

    Norm, May 26, 2007
  19. Skybuck Flying

    toby Guest

    So run Linux, OS X, *BSD or Solaris and STFU.

    toby, May 26, 2007
  20. I did that you retard, now I regret it.

    I deleted some drivers which were reported not being loaded, incompatible it
    said.

    Now deamon tools and the dvd drive don't work anymore !

    Last time I follow your advice you turd :)

    Only a retard like you can appreciate the retardedness of the event log:

    1. Retarded Software that uses the Retarded Event Log doesn't warn when
    something suppossedly "bad" happens ! retarded.

    2. One has to figure out much later what happened at the time, travelling
    backwards in time ! retarded.

    3. Event log is cryptic ! retarded.

    4. Event log is misleading ! retarded.

    Retarded, retarded, retarded and retarded =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 27, 2007