AS Assembler support for Lattice Mico8

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Jim Granville, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Alfred Arnold has kindly added support for the new Lattice Mico8
    OpenSource soft CPU,
    http://www.latticesemi.com/products/devtools/ip/refdesigns/mico8.cfm

    to his OpenSource AS assembler.
    Download bin & source from
    http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/download.html

    AS is a multi-target macro assembler, non linking, ideal for small uC
    targets.

    AS also supports the PicoBlaze, which is quite similar [in 18 bit
    opcode variant] to the 18 bit opcode Mico8.

    Extensions:
    AS supports INC Rn, and DEC Rn , which map onto addi Rn,1 etc

    AS allows
    and Rn,Rm and also
    and Rn,0x33,
    (same as PicoBlaze) in addition to the mico8 separate immediate mnemonic.
    andi Rn,0x33

    -jg

    Jim Granville, Aug 7, 2005